Sunday, February 20, 2011

LOVE FOR FABBRICA


Tonight my dad and I were picking up my brother from a hockey practice out at the 401 & Kennedy, so for dinner we wanted something closer to the 401, without sacrificing taste however! Automatically we thought of Fabbrica, Mark McEwan's newest restaurant to the McEwan chain.


Fabbrica is located at the Shops at Don Mills, but surprisingly received quite some negative criticisms at first, making me a little bit more hesitant than normal. But boy was I wrong, it completely surpassed all of my expectations. Fabbrica was the perfect spot for a cozy Sunday wintry night dinner. We walked in early, around 6:15 and there were a few tables here and there, but by the time we left at 7:30 it was completely packed with a lineup to get in! Talk about a perfect neighbourhood spot.


Fabbrica is authentic Italian cuisine, sourcing products from Italy with iconic Italian style decor! Very chic and very cool to say the least with a beautiful wood-burning brick pizza oven from Naples. Traditional for the perfect Neopolitan pizza, with a temperature of 900 degrees the pizzas are done in a rapid 90 seconds!

To start we shared a salad, which in my opinion was the star of the show. A roasted yellow and purple beet salad with arugula, prosciutto, toasted pistachios and goat cheese in a light simple olive oil dressing. From there we moved onto the home made pasta dishes. The Casserace pasta (rapini, chilies and house made pork sausage) for me and the Papardelle pasta for my dad (braised shortrib, tomato and basil). We decided we couldn't pass up the pizza so we decided to try the Capicollo (mozzarella, hot capicollo, basil and tomato) pizza with hopes of bringing the leftovers to my little brother (That definitely didn't happen! lol).

The meal was truly great, Italian is my favourite and nothing beats a good home cooked feel Italian meal. This is exactly what Fabbrica was. With a vibrant and exciting decor and a view of their house curing room and pizza oven, Fabbrica is the perfect spot for a Sunday meal, date night, a large group of family or friends or to introduce those to Toronto's great culinary scene! And with complimentary parking on a snowy night, what could be better?!

Buon appetito!

To learn more and check out their menus visit: http://www.fabbrica.ca/


photo credit: fabbrica & google images

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma,

    I love this post. My name is Maria and I'm the online editor for OurFaves.com. I think your blog is great and I was wondering if you'd be open to writing for the site? If you're interested, please send me a note at info@ourfaves.com and we can talk further.

    Thanks and I hope to hear from you :)

    Regards,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete